Forums > option to copy hard link and junction in UnstoppabSearch  Log In
AuthorMessage
LongPlay
Montreal
Posted: 4 Dec 2013
It would be verry usefull to have options to at least omit hard link and junction as they are widely used in Windows 7 and 8 and you really don't need 2 copyes of the same files.

Even better would be an option to copy or drop the links as sometmin you do need them and others you simply don't.

Thanks
Roadkil
South Australia
Posted: 12 Feb 2014
Interesting idea! Ill look into it in the upcoming 6.0 release!
PantherDave
Arizona
Posted: 7 Apr 2015
I've used Unstoppable Copier as a computer technician for several years, and I must say I love it! My only problem is with encountering these junctions (and they can be a real headache sometimes).

When junctions lose their "Deny List Folder Contents" NTFS permission, Unstoppable Copier not only makes extra copies of files, but often gets stuck in a loop which ends in using up WAY too much storage space, wasting lots of my time, and creating paths which are invalid because they're too long.

Here's a classic example:

C:UsersDavidAppDataLocalApplication DataApplication DataApplication DataApplication DataApplication DataApplication DataApplication DataApplication DataApplication DataApplication DataApplication DataApplication DataApplication DataApplication DataApplication DataApplication DataApplication DataApplication DataApplication DataApplication DataApplication DataApplication DataApplication DataApplication DataApplication DataApplication DataApplication Data

If you could simply add a checkbox in the options to skip copying through junctions, that would be perfect! I would really appreciate it.
PantherDave
Arizona
Posted: 7 Apr 2015
Okay, so my backslashes got stripped out. You get the idea though.

Page: 1

You must log in to reply to messages
Please log on
User Name:
Password:
Forgotten your password? Click here