Forums > General Talk > Unstoppable Copier 5.0Search  Log In
AuthorMessage
Roadkil
South Australia
Posted: 1 Jun 2010
Hello everyone! Im just letting you know I have Unstoppable Copier 5.0 ready to go along with a stack of other updates but Comodo is for some reason taking forever to send me this years code signing certificate. So because I cant sign my work I just have to wait. Ive hassled them numerous times so hopefully something will happen in the next few days!

Next year Ill definately be going somewhere else like Verisign for it so this doesnt happen again.
Blacksmith

SWITERZRLAND-Zurich-Watt
Posted: 10 Jun 2010
I would gladly install it without certificate...
mundy
Australia
Posted: 26 Jun 2010
I downloaded Unstoppable Copier 4.4 and when I ran it, my firewall said it was connecting out on port 80. I did a whois on the IP and it belongs to Comodo / Andy Harding. Is that for the code signing?? I haven't run your software yet as I was a little worried about this behaviour. A local file copy tool should not connect to the internet!
Roadkil
South Australia
Posted: 2 Jul 2010
Hi Guys,

Certificate is done so i will put the new version up today. The certificate came through about 2.5 weeks back but I was away on holidays and didnt get a chance!

As for the port 80 connection - the only connections should be when you check for updates which connects to roadkil.net. Commodo does the code signing certificate but the program wont make this connection, however you windows session may do if yoru system doesnt have the root certificate installed for Commodo..

Will put the new version up ASAP today/tomorrow

Cheers
Blacksmith

SWITERZRLAND-Zurich-Watt
Posted: 12 Jul 2010
I do understand, that shareware does not have the same delivery pace as professional software.

But I do have no tolerance at all for WRONG release information. I keep looking at your website every other day and after 42 days there is still no new release.

What a pity for such a tremendous product.
Blacksmith

SWITERZRLAND-Zurich-Watt
Posted: 8 Aug 2010
Hmm, still no release 5.0 for download...
war59312
U.S.A
Posted: 10 Aug 2010
Indeed should not tell your users your going to do something and then not. Puts them off big time.
Roadkil
South Australia
Posted: 13 Aug 2010
Sorry for the delay in the release everyone - I cant appologize enough. But unfortuantely I had to take care of some personal matters and had to leave the website unattended for a while. However, Im back now so I hope you all enjoy the new release.
war59312
U.S.A
Posted: 14 Aug 2010
Indeed, looking good. Thanks for fixing the bugs. :)
zonkman

Germany
Posted: 31 Aug 2010
Hi folks!
there's a big problem I found in showing the right filesizes of sourcefiles!
Tryin' to get back a huge selfburned scratched video-DVD I recognized that the one file I wanted to have read, had the size of about 1GB in reality ...
Unstoppable Copier says it would have a size of 448.37 MB ... BUT UC works over this point further tryin' his very best he can do :) ...
LUCKYLY I HOPE ... :| ... :P

Click for larger image

zonkman

Germany
Posted: 2 Sep 2010
Again to show what happens with the 1GB-File comeing over the Point of no return ... (see Picture) ...

Click for larger image

Page: 1 2

You must log in to reply to messages
Please log on
User Name:
Password:
Forgotten your password? Click here