Forums > General Talk > DiskWipe 1.2Search  Log In
AuthorMessage
LeonB

Sacramento, CA
Posted: 9 Jun 2008
I just wanted to say thanks for the new version of DiskWipe. Since the old version wasn't very clear which drives you were choosing from, I accidentally wiped a hard drive I didn't want to. I use DiskWipe a lot at work, and this new version will be much safer to use!
Roadkil
South Australia
Posted: 17 Jun 2008
Sorry to hear about your problems! I realised most people wouldnt know what number etc their drives so this new version should stop accidents and make people a little more confident in using the program!

cheers!
ChuckK
Jakarta, Indonesia
Posted: 12 Sep 2008
Hi Roadkil, thanks for sharing your great programs! I've downloaded your DiskWipe 1.2 and used it on Windows XP with no problem. But when I used it on Windows Vista, I couldn't choose which disk to wipe because the "Disk To Wipe" box is blank as you will see from the attached capture. I wonder if this happens to me only or there actually is still some bug in the program. Thanks in advance for your reply. Best regards, Chuck.

Roadkil
South Australia
Posted: 15 Sep 2008
Hi there.. ive seen this one before.. its ussually due to the user not having admin rights under Vista... do you have admin rights on this machine or not?

Cheers!
ChuckK
Jakarta, Indonesia
Posted: 22 Sep 2008
Hi Roadkil, sorry for the late response. I was out of town and came back home only today.
When I installed Vista I set to be the only person using this computer. So yes, I am an administrator and a user.
Best regards, Chuck
Roadkil
South Australia
Posted: 2 Oct 2008
Hi there.. someone might have answered this one in another forum post! It looks like you need to disable "User Access Control" in your vista control panel for it to work! Ill see if i can do a work around soon!
jeffh
CA, USA
Posted: 20 May 2011
For Vista or Win 7, you don't need to disable UAC. Just right-click on diskwipe.exe and select "Run as Administrator".

Also, be sure to select the Physical Disk. Selecting a named disk such as "C:" or "I:" will not work.

Page: 1

You must log in to reply to messages
Please log on
User Name:
Password:
Forgotten your password? Click here