Forums > Bug Reports > Unstoppable copierSearch  Log In
AuthorMessage
alino
italy
Posted: 3 Jul 2008
HI. I was tryng to copy about 25 gigabyte from one HD (maxtor 80 gb - ide) to another HD (hitachi 60gb laptop hd ide) plugged on a MB LEX BN266B. With Unstoppable Copier v 3.51 the program frozen after some minutes and I must re-start it. With v 3.12 the copy was finished without problems. I think in v 3.51 there are some procedures that can generate errors . Thanks for your work that's fantastic :) Bye from Italy.
DrPhallus

Australia
Posted: 14 Jul 2008
Hello Roadkil,

I was *moving* about 120G from one hard drive to another and left it overnight. I discovered that some of my files were 0 bytes and the original had been deleted so I couldn't recover it.

The only thing I could figure is that when the destination drive ran out of space, as promised the program DID NOT STOP! :-) Problem being that it didn't check to see if the file had copied properly before deleting the source file. Luckly, I only lost about 10G of rubbish but this could present a problem if the user didn't pay attention and wanted to copy something important.

I should have checked the space on the destination, but the program shouldn't have deleted the original file before checking to see if it had actually copied.

Just a thought, I'd like to hear your thoughts on this. Email me if you can.

-DrP
Roadkil
South Australia
Posted: 19 Jul 2008
Hi there! sorry for the late reply guys.. i havent had a chance to check my messages fora while!

I think ive worked out the freezing issue and will put a fix out for it in the next week. Appears to be something to do with the new progress bar the program uses.

As for hte moving files issue! Thats a good point... The reason i didnt put in a check for the target file is because not all the files will be recovered correctly in most cases due to disk errors etc so it wasa tough decision if the source file shoudl be deleted in these cases.. I might change the logic so only good files are deleted after copying and bad files are left in place!

Thanks for hte bug reports guys!
jayshil
Dallas, TX
Posted: 22 Aug 2008
Thanks for the copier, Roadkil. It seems to be doing a great job except for a few things. I am getting the lockup mentioned above. I am using 3.51, which is the version still on the website as of 8/22/08. Did you ever come up with a fix?

Also, the status window in the middle doesn't always update unless you change the file type selection.

Thanks again.

Jay
too_many_people
US
Posted: 3 Sep 2008
So I don't want to come off as a jerk, but has there been any progress on this bug? I really like your program (and use it almost daily), but the freezing is getting really frustrating...
If you're too busy to get the work done, can someone help? I'd be happy to try...
Roadkil
South Australia
Posted: 15 Sep 2008
New version is now online.. please let me know if you have any problems.. Sorry for the delay in getting this one done!

Page: 1

You must log in to reply to messages
Please log on
User Name:
Password:
Forgotten your password? Click here