Forums > SectorEdit saves Initialized PS3 hard disk!Search  Log In
AuthorMessage
PSX
United Kingdom
Posted: 3 May 2009
"Dear Sir/Madam,

Many thanks for providing this superb utility [SectorEdit] free of charge.

In attempting to copy data from a PS3 hard disk to a new, larger disk, I mistakenly performed 'Initialize disk' on the source drive under Windows XP Disk Management in an effort to get Norton Ghost to 'see' the disk. Of course, the disk contents were still unreadable as the file system on PS3 is encrypted and proprietary!

Using my initiative I formatted a separate disk in the PS3 and used your superb application to compare the first few pages of sectors in the fresh disk compared to the one I had initialised. Seeing that it was only the first page of sectors that had been overwritten by initialisation, I copied these from the fresh disk and applied them to the damaged one.

To my delight the corrected disk worked perfectly again in the PS3, and as I type I am able to do the disk upgrade the recommended way by using the built-in PS3 utility.

Please accept this $10 donation as an expression of my gratitude for your utility, and the many, many hours of game saves recovered on behalf of my sister!

Thanks,

Alex Pietruszka
Roadkil
South Australia
Posted: 6 May 2009
Hi there! Im glad my program was able to get you out of trouble! THanks very much for the $10 donation aswell!

Cheers!
pkc415
Posted: 1 Jul 2012
I'm in the same boat, accidentally initialized my ps3 hdd. Can you advise me exactly which lines to change? I have downloaded sector edit.
Thanks.

Page: 1

You must log in to reply to messages
Please log on
User Name:
Password:
Forgotten your password? Click here